Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 3:55 pm
AVM Founder

Most probably wouldn't. I know a lot of people I know in my school went to the site last year to play games during class or whatever. They got smart though with the network. Now only sites that they add work, instead of having a huge list of unappropriate domains.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:07 pm

Drumstix42 wrote:
It's wierd to think about. Some people may come to the site, and think "Ohh, that's a coding site. I don't really know about that stuff, so I'll be on my way."

I'm not sure if the apperance of a strictly coding forum throws some off? I mean it's not really for anything else as of yet. Just brain storming here.

Well, how about a site that just focuses on reporting news about mods, with forums on modding various games? You kinda took a step in that direction a while back....

Lovin' the POE2 mod for BF2 right now...

..oh, and howdy :D

Last edited by Brimstone on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:41 am

Hey, its Brim!

I think Brim has a good idea, make it oriented towards gaming news and mod 'support' forums

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 4:35 pm
AVM Founder

That's is a pretty good idea acctually ;)
And AdvancedMod.com still fits of course. I'm glad I picked something somewhat simple, and had the name "mod" in it. ;)

Good to see ya around Brim, btw!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 10:10 pm

i wonder if they will notice me this time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:33 am

Nope. Unnoticed.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 4:27 pm
AVM Founder

Figure now is a good time to ask. If anyone would seriously be interested in helping of designing a homepage based around the general idea of what Brim said, that would be cool.

I'll take any sort of ideas or even examples. Anyone good with making layouts or graphics.

That's one thing I'd really like to do.... is come up with some kind of a general Advanced Mod symbol(s) or banner, ect.

Right now I just have the same graphic with different colors to match the styles at the top of the forum. It's pretty basic. I like basic, but it probably took me a couple minutes in photop when I first did it.

So yeah, before I go on and on. Just lemme know if you'd like to help or take part in this.... "Revification"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2006 5:08 pm

I would like to help, but I should tell you now, my artisitic skills are limited.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:07 pm

Yeah, I haven't forgotten ya'll, just RL issues- my employer is downsizing, getting divorced, fighting to keep custody of my youngest son who is autistic, all that good stuff...

You have various mod mentions on official game sites, or like planethalflife or planetunreal- and there's moddb.com with its searcheable listings, but not much indepth stuff, and most modding sites are pretty much focused on one particular engine...

What I was thinking about was something more along the lines of "planetmods", but without the fileplanet stuff :D ... actually doing news stories on mods and reviews, along with the coding forums. Have to beef up the resources, pull in modding tuts from around, or at least link to help sources if your storage isn't much.

It would take more than a redesign, though- when the time comes, there would need to be an effort to "advertise" to draw modders in and breath new life into the old place...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:06 pm
AVM Founder

Brimstone wrote:
would take more than a redesign, though- when the time comes, there would need to be an effort to "advertise" to draw modders in and breath new life into the old place...

And this is exactly what I'd like to do.

Also, in terms of "storage". When I look at my server's information it says this:
Disk space available - Unlimited Megabytes

:twisted: I've got the resources. It's only a matter of time!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:05 am

Place needed a little spring cleaning, too... there were stickied topics that haven't had activity in three years... *dusts hands off*

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:32 pm

I think we'd also need stuff on the bigger modding games BEFORE we get people coming here. Hell, it might even show up on google.
Anyway, that obviously means Half-Life and Tribes 1/2/not Vengeance, and maybe some Unreal Tournament03/04, and practically anything else that can be modded. Off the top of my head I can also think of Call of Duty(2), Halo (maybe have some xbox modding too?), Heroes of Might and Magic V. At least those are the ones that I own. Maybe get some skinners, modelers, etc. too. Who knows?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:36 pm
AVM Founder

Well I know that "advancedmod", "advanced mod" (with or without "forums" included in the search) bring up advancedmod.com as the first result.

As for all the stuff you mentioned Trigr_Happee. Yes. It's basically all just about getting the word out, and having clean, layed out site to come to.

In other news of "time consuming" things. My car went kerplunk on me today. So, will be some time before I put some good dedication into these ideas. Why does it always have to rain when your car breaks down?

Profile WWW