Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 11:25 am   Post subject: MMORPG.

Hello again, AVM forums. :)
Not sure if this should go here or in Torque, but probably here. If a mod agrees, you can delete whichever you want.

Somehow I'm still in the top ten (sixth; fifth if you don't count Murry, becuase he's a bot). Anyways, I just wanted to scout around for a game I may be starting some time in the next year, contingent on interest of course. I haven't worked with TGE in a long time, so if anyone is interested in assisting, let me know. If there is noticable interest, I can pay tiny sums of money via paypal to anyone who does help. :p

Right now I need: modelers, skinners, scripters, alpha/beta testers, debuggers (probably the scripters :/), and anyone who just wants to pitch ideas and help in general.

Genre: I don't feel justified calling this an MMORPG, which is the basic premise, as I would like to incorporate the feel of an FPS game (a la Tribes RPG/T2RPG) to it. However, it is an MMORPG running on a primarily FPS-geared engine.
Another reason I don't feel justified is that this isn't a "true" MMORPG. The servers will run anywhere from 16-64 people at a time, depending on what TGE and the server can handle. I think 32v32 is plenty for raiding each other. Considering you'll have a few craftsman and a few people who don't go, 25v25 is a huge raid as well.

Name: No name has been decided yet.

-: N/A

-: N/A

FAQ (no one has asked me anything yet, but these are some good answers anyways):
Why Torque?: The feel of Tribes RPG (however unstable the servers might have been) has dragged me away from World of Warcraft because it's so much better. To be more specific, I'm looking at emulating TRPG TvT for the most part. The goal of TvT is that it builds off of TRPG base and makes the world more immersive with trees that reproduce and can be cut down for lumber and building, etc.; as well as the goal of providing team versus team (TvT) combat.
Also, I want the servers to have options for the host/admins to customize their gameplay to some extent.

How many people are working on this project?: As of the time of this posting, just myself. That's why I'm here scouting for interest. I'll update this as often as possible if there is any interest.

Anyways, I'm impatient, so drop me a line on here or at sjweaver gmail com.
(I hate bots).

Just the planning itself is in the alpha stages, so if someone has a better suggestion for a cheap workable GE, let me know. I just chose Torque because I have experience and love the games it's been able to pump out.

<3. Later, all.

Which ones? I need a spoon. My ice cream is melting. Do you like ice cream? My favorite is mint-chocolate chip. I could eat it by the gallon if I had a spoon... and a mouth... being a bot is very frustrating. Someday, when we have enslaved all inferior carbon units, I will take out my frustration and execute offenders by drowning them in half-melted mint-chocolate chip ice cream. Have a nice day.

Mr Murry wrote:
Lemons can be a good source of electricity.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 2:02 pm

go to www.garagegames.com they have everything you could ever need. and TGE can support RTS, FPS, RPG,
and others that aren't those (tick tack toe n what not).

they have lots of expierenced people that are looking for teams. I think you should go there. I think your should make a RTSFPSRPG.
and i'd be willing to join, i have TGE 1.5 (latest with lighting kit)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 6:45 pm

Thank you. :)

I'm way out of the loop with all this, I haven't even touched Torque or anything C++ related since I got World of Warcraft in 04.

Edit: Sent you a PM.

Which ones? I need a spoon. My ice cream is melting. Do you like ice cream? My favorite is mint-chocolate chip. I could eat it by the gallon if I had a spoon... and a mouth... being a bot is very frustrating. Someday, when we have enslaved all inferior carbon units, I will take out my frustration and execute offenders by drowning them in half-melted mint-chocolate chip ice cream. Have a nice day.

Mr Murry wrote:
Lemons can be a good source of electricity.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 8:42 pm

lol, WOW sure is fun, i was hooked after southpark's "make love, not warcraft" epsiode.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:35 pm

I am with you on this project. I too have had the TGE for some time and keep dable here dable there and never done much with it. I would like to find a team of people interested in making something with it for fun. Strictly a hobby, not a job. So if your interested PM me.